Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Swami Vivekananda's Quote's

What India wants is a new electric fire tostir up a fresh vigor in the national veins.This was ever, and always will be, slow work.Be content to work, and, above all, be trueto yourself. Be pure, staunch, and sincere tothe very backbone, and everything will be allright. If you have marked anything in thedisciples of Sri Ramakrishna, it isthis--they are sincere to the backbone. Mytask will be done, and I shall be quitecontent to die, if I can bring up and launchone hundred such men over India. He, theLord, knows best.

Symbols have been used by all kinds ofreligions. In one sense we cannot think butin symbols; words themselves are symbols ofthought. In another sense everything in theuniverse may be looked upon as a symbol. Thewhole universe is a symbol, and God is theessence behind.

Vivekananda: I am the disciple of aman whocould not write his own name, and I am notworthy to undo his shoes. How often have Iwished I could take my intellect and thrownit into the Ganges!But, Swami, that is the part of youI like best.
Vivekananda: That is because you are afool, Madam--like I am.Mrs. Edith Allan's description of a teacher-student exchange in a San Francisco class.

Source:www.vivekananda.org

No comments: